WWDC 2016 is just around the corner and the most fun thing you can do is to predict what will be revealed. Here are my predictions:
- A Siri API will be released, allowing apps to communicate with the lady inside the phone.
- I have been lucky enough to play around with Metaio SDK before Apple acquired it. Metaio provided easy to use APIs to easily create Augmented Reality applications. I am hoping that Apple will release a new Augmented and Virtual reality API based at WWDC 2016.
- Apple has filed some patents on the virtual reality eye wear. I am predicting that Apple might announce a new device just like Google cardboard and Viewmaster which will allow users to have AR and VR experiences.
- Devices like Amazon Echo has been gaining some traction. Google also announced Google Home at Google IO 2016. I am predicting that Apple will also step into this game with a new device powered by Siri.
- Swift 3.0 will be announced.